Sunday, November 13, 2005

The Biggest Surprise

What is the biggest thing that has surprised you about marriage? One of my biggest surprise was how sleeping next to another person who is 98 degrees, makes sleeping a much warmer experience. I usually kick off all the covers, and go find my own blanket, just to separate myself from having direct contact with the heater named, Tim.

Another note worthy thing, that is a good surprise, is that I never expected the relief that I have, knowing Tim is in the trenches fighting next to me. It makes sense, but I hadn’t expected the feeling of security and peace that came with combining hearts. It goes beyond just someone helping pay the bills or reaching things on the top shelf. It is something in the neighborhood of knowing there is someone who is an extension of me, providing balance to and complimenting all my prayers, goals, hopes, and perspective. And I, being just who God made me, am his.

I am so excited to go home to him every night, and wake up with him every morning. I can't wait to hear what he'll say next. Everything that I do, I want to share with him, because it isn't enough to just tell him about it later, I want to experience everything with him. I know that is what marriage is supposed to be about, but when you've never gone through something, and you have lived your life without that "oneness", when it actually happens, the feeling you get when it hits you, is like, "Wow, that is something I've never felt before."

Yeah, that's what I find surprising.

No comments: