Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pick of the week: Silver Clouds

This weekend, Tim and I went to Saint Louis University’s Museum of Contemporary Religious Art. The display? Andy Worhal's Silver Clouds exhibt. It was magical. A room with floating silver pillows gliding all around us. The "clouds" bushed and swirled past us, making me giggle in delight. We stood and sat, walked and layed under the blanet of shiney, bouncing balloons. We watched the clouds dance while standing on the outside of the silk curtains. it reminded me of being under water with the sunlight slicing through the surface. Soothing, classical music ribboned its way thourgh the whole experience. We thought for sure that this would be an amazing party theme, and speculated on ways to pull it off. I was so sad that I didn't have my camera, and vowed to return several more times. So simple and so beautiful. Everyone should see this exhibit.

http://www.slu.edu/readstory/more/7183

No comments: