Friday, April 11, 2008

Pick of the Week: The Weepies, Say I Am You

I first heard the song "World Spins Madly On" on the pop, teen series, One Tree Hill. I've actually find a lot of good music on that show. I mean it is just a scripted commercial for everything from CD's to makeup, clothes and good causes, right?  So I bought The Weepies latest album, Say I Am You. They have a laid back, folky sound that has successfully gotten me in the mood for the warmer seasons. It is the album that you want to have in your iPod as you are laid out on a blanket in a green field, watching the clouds float by. It is the CD you want in the CD player, as you sit in the back of a convertible, on a warm evening, driving on a windy road through the woods, as the trees come together in a never ending green canape overhead. It is the music you want playing as you are sitting barefoot, on a Tuesday, back porch evening, with a cold glass of wine, and your best friends. It is the sound track for spontaneous road trips, last minute BBQ's, stopping by unannounced, summer late night talks, kissing in the rain, and watching your daughter smile for the first time.
My favorite songs are "Suicide Blonde" "Gotta Have You" and "World Spins Madly On"

They happen to be coming out with a new album called Hideaway on April 22nd. I can't wait!
http://www.theweepies.com/

No comments: