Sunday, March 25, 2007

Pick of the Week: Turning 27











Turning 27 was actually pretty great. Friday night we went to see our friend Molly who was in her high school musical, Footloose. She gave us tickets for my birthday. I had never seen Footloose before, and upon finally taking in this pop culture wonder, realized that I have been missing a huge piece of our culture and some deep truths being expressed in a popular medium. My favorite! Saturday, Tim and I slept in. He gave me a beautiful homemade card, which was scented and refered to me as a "Princess". Then he presented me with Peter Pan on DVD, Also my favorite! (Last week Tim and his mom did an extreme makeover on the bathroom. That was my main present. It looks amazing! Like a whole new house!) After a breakfast of chocolate chip waffles, with chocolate chip ice cream, and chocolate syrup, (the birthday breakfast I had every year growing up,) we went down to Cheap Trix and got my nose pierced! I've wanted a nose ring for 9 years, and I decided it was time. Liz and Jon were in town and invited us to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. The rest of our weekend included long walks in Tower Grove and Forest Park with King, photographing our surroundings, and watching Peter Pan and Footloose on DVD. Just relaxing, no commitments, no plans, doing whatever we wanted. Twenty-seven feels pretty good. Even though I'm "almost 30" or in my "late 20's", there is something about feeling like I've made it this far, there is forward momentum, we can take on the next challenge with confidence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I haven't checked in on the blog in a while....the nose ring looks great and I really like your yellow bath room.

genese

annie said...

I'm ready for another blog. :)