Monday, October 29, 2007

Pick of the Week: Vending Machine Skirt


I heard about this on the radio this morning, and I can't decide if this is brilliant or really stupid, but it was worth showing people for the pure strangeness. (I know that "strangeness" isn't a word) It is a skirt that turns into a vending machine so that you can hide from an attacker. Of course it comes out of Japan, and they also have a "safe" that starts out as a bag or purse, and then turns into a manhole cover/lid. You can ditch your belongings in the middle of the street and come back later to get them, without the average onlooker being aware of what they are passing up. Like I said, brilliant or stupid? You tell me. The link is below to see more pictures and read the article
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=489110&in_page_id=1811

3 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my gosh. So next time I get attacked by ninja assassins(which actually happens more than you think), I will quickly find other vending machienes (cause you cant have one in the middle of the road like the pic on the website), rip off my skirt (which isnt obvious or strange looking, pop open my tent like disguise, and hope the ninja doesnt think that the crooked, wrinkled, plastic looking vending machiene with SHOES is strange. Wow, what will they come up with next. Thanks for finding that. It made my day.

Bailey Mohr said...

You are a funny girl, Liz, and you have made me laugh heartily today! Thank you.

jess said...

My friend Julie is constantly saying that things in Japan just aren't RIGHT. This backs her theory completely. I love it.

For more funny Japan stories, click on her blog link on my page.

Great post, Bai.