Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Continued

























The morning of the 24th was spent with Tim's Grandma Mielke, at her apartment in Saint Peters. We ate lunch, opened presents and the arm wrestling began. I think it should be a new Christmas tradition. Bonnie can whoop Drew and Tyler now, but I think it will only be a few years before they become bigger contenders.

After lunch Tim's eyes started bothering him and we had to forego the rest to the Christmas Eve festivities. The next morning, he could barley open his eyes because the light sensitivity and general pain. After much debate, and many tears, on my part for having to leave my poor husband home by himself on Christmas, and on his part because his eyes wouldn't stop watering from the pain, I went to pick up my grandparents in Kirkwood. We drove the 2 hours to Columbia to spend Christmas Day with my side of the fam.

Many Christmas traditions take place on the Bailey side of Christmas. David brings all the girls roses on Christmas morning. Mom reads the Christmas story, before we open tons of presents. Grandma Bailey gave David is stocking this year since he turned 21, and also passed on to him some of Grandma's most fabulous recipes in a homemade cookbook. She made Heidi a big tie quilt that was beautiful. All the grandkids get quilts when they are born, when they move into their first "adult" house, and when they get married.

David got money for his January trip to Vegas, and Bethany got clothes and Guitar Hero lll, with two Guitars!!!! Johnn got his super surprise of a PlayStation 3 from all of our family and all his family. Tim and I got more money for our video camera, and Arie Alex got Shakespeare's onesies from David. Tim and I bought her some gDaipers, a "green" alternative to disposable diapers. She also got a rattle from Great Granny Mohr and a stuffed teddy bear from Great Grandma and Grandpa Bailey. (Their first great grand child.) Dad got a wireless keyboard and Grandma and Grandpa got a new answering machine with new handsets for all over the house. There were many more gifts and lots of amazing food. Crab legs, lobster tail, and steak to round out the blessed holiday.

I was really anxious to get home to my man and my puppy. King opened his presents more bones in his stocking and a compressed raw hide from "Grandma and Grandpa" Bailey (My parents). Tim was feeling much better by the time I got home to him and finished our Christmas evening laughing ourselves to death by watching Arrested Development, Season 1.

Overall a bitter/sweet day. Lots of presents, and love and fun, but I missed my boy.

No comments: